Permission requests to use extract/s from Jonathan Ball titles
For text permission requests from any of the following imprints – Jonathan Ball, AD Donker, Delta Books, Sunbird – please contact the Dramatic, Artistic, Literary Rights Organisation (DALRO) (https://www.dalro.co.za/), who handles copyright permissions on behalf of Jonathan Ball Publishers. Note that they only handle permission requests for titles published by us locally and not for any international titles that we distribute in South Africa. In that regard, contact the relevant international publisher.
Please note that Jonathan Ball Publishers cannot grant permission to use photographs or short stories and poems from anthologies. Copyright of these is vested in the individual authors who must be approached independently.
1. Publication details of title to be quoted from:
- Copy of cover, imprint page and text to be quoted
- Rights requested, e.g. Territory/Region; Languages; Formats; Print Quantity; Electronic Quantity
2. Publication details of title to be quoted in:
- Context in which the extract will be used